How to Find Books Related to Standards
Administrators, Specialists, and Faculty can find books related to standards by following the steps below. This is a good way to find books that you want to put in your myList bundles or books that you want to assign in a project.
- After logging in, select Library.
- Select Standards.
- Use the Standard drop-down list to choose the set of standards used in your school or district.
- Next, select the subject from the second drop-down list.
- Then, select the grade from the third drop-down list.
- In the last drop-down list, select the subsection.
- Select the magnifying glass next to the Subsection drop-down list.
- The matching standards will be listed, and you will see the number of books available to you in myON that apply to each standard. Select a standard to see a list of books.
When you select a standard, you will see a list of books that apply to that standard. For each book, the list shows the book cover, the title, the Lexile® level, lower and upper grade levels, Guided Reading Level, page count, and the length of the recorded audio.
To find out more about a book, select it to open the book information window.
If you want to add books to myList, check the boxes next to the books, then select the icon next to Add to myList.
If you want to add books to a project, check the boxes next to the books, then select the icon next to Add Selection to Project. Then, you can either select an existing project to add to under "Add to Project" or you can enter the name for a new project under "Start a New Project". Select Save next to the option you use.
If you want to go back and select a different standard, select Expand Standards Panel.