How to Assign Students to Your Roster (Faculty)
Faculty follow these steps to assign students to their roster in myON. These steps are helpful for all faculty myON users when a new student joins a roster.
If you need to assign students from another school to your roster, and you do not have access to students from that school, ask that school's Building Administrator or the District Administrator to assign one of the students to your roster. After one student from that school has been assigned to your roster, you can add other students from that school yourself.
- From the main page (dashboard), click Classroom, then Students.
- On the left side of the page, click Assign under "My Roster."
- In the window that opens, on the left, you'll see a list of the students who are already in your roster. If you want to remove a student from your roster, hover over the student's name, then select the X.
On the right, the tabs give you different ways to find students that you want to add to the roster:
- On the Search tab, you can use the search field to search for students in the building by name, ID, or user name. Matching students will be listed as you type. To add one, hover over the student's name, then select + next to the student's name; to add all students in the results, check Select All under the list.
- On the Building tab, use the drop-down list to choose a specific building that you want to add students from. To add one of the students to the roster, hover over the student's name, then select + next to that student; to add all students in the results, check Select All under the list.
If you need to add a student from another building that is not listed, contact the Building Administrator for that building to gain access. After the Building Administrator adds one student from that building to your roster, you will be able to select the building and add other students yourself.
- On the Grade tab, use the drop-down list to select a grade. To add one of the students to the roster, hover over the student's name, then select + next to that student; to add all students in the results, check Select All under the list.
The Rosters/Groups tab isn't used for adding students to the roster since it shows students who are already there.
On all tabs, students that you add to the roster are shown as "Added" in the list on the left. As you search for students in the tabs, students who were in the roster before you selected Assign are marked "Already included" (see Stella Brooks in the last example above).
When you're done adding or removing students, select Apply in the bottom right corner of the window.
The changes you made will be reflected in your roster list.