Who can do this with default user permissions?
District-level administrators, school-level administrators, teachers
District-level administrators can delete goals for all classes and students at all schools. School-level administrators can delete goals for all classes and students at their schools. Teachers can delete goals for their classes and students. Other staff cannot view or delete goals unless they have been granted more permissions.
Follow the steps to delete goals that you have set for individual students:
- To go to the Goals & Benchmarks page, on the Home page, select Star Reading, Star Early Literacy, or Star Math; then, select Manage Goals & Benchmarks.
- At the bottom of the Goals & Benchmarks page, click Select (either the link or the button) to choose which students' goals you would like to delete. (If a class or students are already selected, the button name will be Change Selection instead.)
In the window that opens, choose the school in the first column if necessary. Then, choose a class in the second column. (You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.) In the third column, first choose whether to select all students in the class or some (Select Students). If you choose "Select Students," check the students whose goals you want to delete. When you're done, select Apply.
- Use the check boxes to choose whether to see goals that are upcoming (the goal time period has not started), goals that are in progress, and/or goals that are completed (for which the end date has passed).
- Each type of goal that you have set will be listed. (Each goal type will only be listed once for each subject.) To see the status of a goal for the students, select the arrow to the left of the goal type.
For each type of goal, you will see the subject, the date range, the goal, the student's actual performance, and the status.
For goals that are in the future (the time period has not started yet), the status will be Upcoming. If the goal has started, but the end date hasn't arrived yet, the status is In Progress. After the end date, the status shows whether the student has achieved the goal (Achieved or Not Achieved).
- Select Delete at the end of the row for the student goal that you want to delete. (You can delete a goal for one student at a time.)
- A message will ask you if you are sure that you want to delete the goal. If you are, select Yes to continue. When you have done this, the goal will be deleted, and the goal category will close in the table. (You can select No in the message if you decide not to delete the goal.)