Viewing Estimated Cut Scores (for State Tests)
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading or Star Math; in the drop-down menu, select Manage Goals & Benchmarks.
- On the Goals & Benchmarks page, select View or Edit Benchmarks.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
If there is a linking study between your state test and the Star Math or Star Reading test, the Scaled Score (SS) that a student receives can be used to see if the student has reached a state benchmark. Essentially, you use the results of a Star test to predict how a student will perform on a state test. Note: Only Star Math and Star Reading have linking studies at this time.
However, some grades may not have the linking study; for example, a state test might only have a linking to Star Math for grades 3–8. In cases like this, estimated values are assigned to the non-linked grades.
- On the Goals & Benchmarks page, select the product you want to view benchmarks for . Note: You should only select Star Math or Star Reading; the State tab will not be available if you select a different product.
- Select the State tab (the text on the tab will differ from what is shown here).
- On the State tab, you can see the current Scaled Score values in each grade for each category in the state test .
The Star scale and your state test scale may not have links for every grade. Links are highlighted in gray; non-linked grades use estimated cut scores.
Note: The number of levels and their naming will adapt to the conventions used in your state.
For additional guidance regarding benchmarks and cut scores, see: