Viewing Estimated Cut Scores (for State Tests)
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading or Star Math; in the drop-down menu, select Manage Goals & Benchmarks.
- On the Goals & Benchmarks page, select View or Edit Benchmarks.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
If there is a linking study between your state test and the Star Math or Star Reading test, the Scaled Score (SS) that a student receives can be used to see if the student has reached a state benchmark. Essentially, you use the results of a Star test to predict how a student will perform on a state test. Note: Only Star Math and Star Reading have linking studies at this time.
However, some grades may not have the linking study; for example, a state test might only have a linking to Star Math for grades 3–8. In cases like this, estimated values are assigned to the non-linked grades.
- On the Goals & Benchmarks page, select the product you want to view benchmarks for . Note: You should only select Star Math or Star Reading; the State tab will not be available if you select a different product.
- Select the State tab (the text on the tab will differ from what is shown here).
- On the State tab, you can see the current Scaled Score values in each grade for each category in the state test .
The Star scale and your state test scale may not have links for every grade. Links are highlighted in gray; non-linked grades use estimated cut scores.
The number of levels and their naming will adapt to the conventions used in your state.
For additional guidance regarding benchmarks and cut scores, see: