Freckle Implementation Ideas
Using Freckle to Plan Your Calendar Year
Freckle can be part of your annual planning at the start of the school year.
Beginning, middle, and end of year.
- Have students complete a pre-test and identify their Freckle levels.
- Import using a Star benchmark, Freckle adaptive tests or another system your school may use.
- If you're using Freckle to give a diagnostic, review the student data in the appropriate reports to identify skill gaps.
- Once you've identified skill gaps or areas of struggle, ensure students take pre-tests in those specific areas, so they can practice them.
Spend more time in Freckle on learning gaps.
- Consult your school/district curriculum map. Freckle can also provide integration guides for using Freckle with enVisionMATH or EngageNY.
- Now adjust your curriculum map / scope and sequence for the year based on your Freckle data, so you are spending more time on areas that students are struggling in.
- Need more ideas for curriculum units? Check out the resources in our standards page.
Collect data for reports and progress monitor so students are ready for tests.
- Students to practice in Math Adaptive daily- consult our usage recommendations as a guide to collect enough informative data.
- Assign standards-based targeted assignments to monitor progress on your current teaching topics.
- Triannually, review students' report cards and standards based reports.