Star Custom Science Assessments
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
You can create a Star Custom assessment that includes items from the bank of science items.
- Select Star Custom on the Renaissance Home page.
- Select Plan Assessment on the Star Custom Home page.
- Select New Plan on the Plans page.
- Follow the instructions for setting up a new plan. When you get to the step where you select the subject you want, select Reading.
- After you select Start Planning and begin to select skills, select the Skills By Domain tab.
- In the Choose Domain drop-down list, select Other Subject Areas at the bottom.
- That selection will add Other Subject Areas to the skill list—select it, then select Next: Find Resources at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, select Create your own at the bottom of the page. This will take you the authoring tool where you can create your own assessment.
By following these steps, when you reach the stage of creating a Star Custom assessment where you find and select assessment items, science items will be available in the list to add to the assessment.
Refer to the help files for the authoring tool for more information about creating your own assessments.