New Assessment Plan Setup Page
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Star Custom.
- In the header of the Assessment Progress page, select Plan Instruction.
- On the Plans page, select New Plan.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
On this page, you will set some of the initial parameters for the plan you are creating.
- Select Change Student(s)....
- In the pop-up window, select the schools, classes, and groups you are creating the plan for.
Once you have made your choices, select Apply at the bottom of the pop-up window to save them, or Cancel to close the pop-up window without saving your changes.
- District level administrators, district staff, and other personnel assigned to more than one school will need to select schools in the Schools column.
- Choose Select Schools at the top and then check individual schools to select them, or select All Schools to select all the available schools at once.
- School level administrators, school staff, and other personnel assigned to only one school will not need to select a school.
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
The default option is to create plans for classes and groups. If you would rather create a plan for all students in a grade, select the CLICK HERE link. This changes the right-hand columns from Classes and Groups to Grades:
Select the link again to switch back to Classes and Groups.
- If you are creating a plan for classes and groups, check the classes and groups you want to assign the plan to in the Classes and Groups columns.
- At the top of the Classes column, choose either All Classes (to choose all the classes) or Select Classes (to choose specific classes; check the ones you want in the list).
- The first choice at the top of the Groups column is Whole Class (or Whole Classes); choose this to plan for the class(es) as a whole. You can also check specific groups that you want to plan for. Under Whole Class, you will see any groups you have created.
- Teachers planning for classes and groups will only see their own classes and groups.
- Groups in classes that aren't using Star Custom will not be shown in the list.
- If you are creating a plan for all students in a grade, choose the grade you want to assign the plan to in the Grades column.
- You can only select one grade.
- Teachers will only be assigning the plan to their own students who are in the chosen grade.
- Select the subject you want the plan to cover: Reading or Math.
- Use the Select Week drop-down list to choose the timeframe to plan for. You can choose one of the standard weekly timeframes or custom dates by selecting Custom.... (Note that you can have more than one plan for the same dates.)
If you choose to use custom dates, select the start and end dates from the calendars, then select Apply. You can make the plan as short as one day or as long as 3 weeks.
- Enter a name for your plan in the Name Your Plan field.
- Select Start Planning to begin selecting skills to add to the plan (or Cancel to leave this page without saving your changes).