How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Star Custom.
- In the header of the Assessment Progress page, select Plan Instruction.
- On the Plans page, select New Plan.
- On the New Assessment Plan Setup page, select the students, subject, and week for your plan and give it a name, and then select Start Planning.
- On the Select Skills page, select the skills you want to be included in the assessment, and then select Next: Find Resources.
- At the bottom of the Choose Your Assessments page, select Create your own.
- On the Assessment Details page, enter a title and description of your assessment and select additional options; then, select Continue.
- On the Find and Select Assessment Items page, select assessment items; then, select Continue.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
Creating a Star Custom assessment is a three-stage process—this page is for the third stage:
Assessment creation is not complete until all three stages are complete.
On this page, you can review all the information about the assessment you are creating . Double-check all the information to make sure it is correct; if you need to change something, select Back to return to the previous stage (finding and selecting assessment items; from there, you can go further back to the first stage, writing the assessment details).
If you are satisfied with the assessment, select Create Assessment (or select Cancel to leave this page without saving any of your work).
After you select Create Assessment, there will be a brief pause while your work is saved, after which you will see an "in progress" message (tests and items will be published overnight). Select OK .
This completes the process of creating an assessment; you will be taken back to the page where you find and select assessments. You can now assign this assessment to student groups like any other Star Custom assessment. Depending on the assessment's "Availability" setting, other personnel using Star Custom at your school may be able to find your assessment and assign it to their own student groups.
Note to Planner Users: If you started the assessment creation process from Planner, once you are done creating the assessment, you will be returned to Planner.
User-created assessments remain in the system from one school year to the next; they are not automatically deleted at the end of the school year.