Deactivating and Reactivating Star Reading Spanish Tests
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators
Although you cannot permanently delete a Star Reading Spanish test from a student's test record, you can deactivate a test. For example, if a student logged in with the wrong user name and took a test, that test should be deactivated so it will not be included in the other student's test history.
Deactivating a test removes the test-taking data and the test results from any reports or calculations for that student. If necessary, a deactivated test can be reactivated at a later time.
Deactivated tests will not be used when calculating SGPs. If a student has a test deactivated, and that test had been used to calculate the student's SGP, that student's SGP will be recalculated approximately 5–10 minutes after the test deactivation.
Only tests taken during the current school year can be deactivated and reactivated.
Deactivating a Star Reading Spanish Test
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Reading Reports.
- On the Reading Dashboard, select Star Record Book.
- Select Choose Students... (either the link or the button) to choose the students to view in the Star Record Book.
Teachers can only choose students in their own classes and groups.
- Select a single school in the Schools column, if necessary. Only users who can work in more than one school will need to select one.
- After you select a school, the other columns will populate with all the teachers and classes/groups at that school. Select a single teacher, and then select one of that teacher's classes or groups (the Star Record Book only shows data for one class or group at a time).
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
- Once you have selected the correct teacher and class/group, select Apply (or select Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).
- Select the Reading as the subject.
- Select Update (under the Subject drop-down list).
- The Star Record Book for the selected class will open at the bottom of the page. Select the name of the student whose test you want to deactivate.
- On the Student Details page for that student, you will see the Assessment History for that student, showing all the assessments the student has taken. In the row for the test you want to deactivate, select Actions in the Actions column; in the pop-up window, select Deactivate Test.
- A confirmation window will open. Select Deactivate (or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your changes).
- The deactivated test will still appear in the student's record; however, a D will appear in the Scored column to indicate that this test has been deactivated and the test score will not be used for reporting purposes (except as indicated at the top of this help topic).
Reactivating a Star Reading Spanish Test
- Using either of the methods above, follow the steps to view the test record of a student with a deactivated test.
- When you find the deactivated test, select the D in the Scored column. In the pop-up window, select Reactivate.
- A confirmation window will open. Select Reactivate (or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your changes).
The reactivated test will once again appear in the student's record, and the test score will be used for reporting purposes.