Finalizing the Schedule and Assigning the Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment
Who can do this with default user permissions?
- District Level Administrators: any class or group in any school in the district
- School Level Administrators: any class or group in their own school
- Teachers: any of their own classes or groups
Assigning the Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment is a four-stage process—this page is for the fourth stage:
Selecting the students you want to take the assessment and the date they can begin
Confirming the assessment
Selecting the assessment
- Finalizing the schedule and assigning the assessment
When the Schedule Assessment page opens, you will see a pop-up window confirming the assessment information you have selected up to this point. In the pop-up, you can change the start or end dates , or delete the assessment . When you are done reviewing or changing the information, select Done .
On the Schedule Assessment page, the assessment you are scheduling is in the Assessments row . (If the range of dates for the assessment is more than five days long, a scrollbar will appear above the calendar row at the top of the page so you can move back and forth through the entire range of dates .)
You can change the dates for the assessment, either by selecting the dates on the card or clicking on the "gripper" dots and dragging the assessment to a new date.
- Dragging an assessment to a new date will change the start date for that assessment. An assessment that has a start and stop date can have its stop date changed by dragging it past the existing stop date, but dragging it back again will not change the stop date back.
- Dragging an assessment is best for changing the start date for that assessment. Selecting an assessment and entering an end date is the preferred way to change the stop date for an assessment.
When you have finished assigning the assessment to specific dates, select Create Assessments at the bottom of the page .
A message will remind you about what happens when you assign the assessment. Select Continue to proceed, or Cancel to continue adjusting the schedule.
A message will confirm the assignment of the assessments. Select OK .
Once the start date for an assessment arrives, students will see the assessment in the Assignments list on their Home page .