Selecting Students for the Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment
Who can do this with default user permissions?
- District Level Administrators: any class or group in any school in the district
- School Level Administrators: any class or group in their own school
- Teachers: any of their own classes or groups
Assigning the Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment is a four-stage process—this page is for the first stage:
- Selecting the students you want to take the assessment and the date they can begin
Confirming the assessment
Selecting the assessment
Finalizing the schedule and assigning the assessment
Log in to Renaissance.
On the Home page, select Star Reading; in the pop-up menu, select Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment.
On the New Assessment Plan Setup page, choose Select Students... (either the link or the button) to select which students to assign the assessment to.
- In the pop-up window, select the schools, classes, and groups that you are assigning the assessment to.
Once you have made your choices, select Apply at the bottom of the pop-up window to save them, or Cancel to close the pop-up window without saving your changes.
- District level administrators, district staff, and other personnel assigned to more than one school will need to select schools in the Schools column.
- Choose Select Schools at the top and then check individual schools to select them, or select All Schools to select all the available schools at once.
- School level administrators, school staff, and other personnel assigned to only one school will not need to select a school.
- Check the classes and groups you want to assign the assessment to in the Classes and Groups columns.
- At the top of the Classes column, choose either All Classes (to choose all the classes) or Select Classes (to choose specific classes; check the ones you want in the list).
- The first choice at the top of the Groups column is Whole Class (or Whole Classes); choose this to plan for the class(es) as a whole. You can also check specific groups that you want to plan for. Under Whole Class, you will see any groups you have created.
- Teachers planning for classes and groups will only see their own classes and groups.
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
- Use the Select Week drop-down list to choose the timeframe to plan for. You can choose one of the standard weekly timeframes or custom dates by selecting Custom....
If you choose to use custom dates, select the start and end dates from the calendars, then select Apply. You can choose a range of dates as short as one day or as long as 3 weeks.
Once you have finished selecting classes/groups and assessment dates, select Schedule Assessment to move to the next stage of planning the assessment: confirming the assessment.