Editing or Viewing Capabilities for Existing Users in a Group
Capabilities apply only to products that are listed on the Other Math & Reading Apps page (Accelerated Math, Accelerated Math 2.0, English in a Flash, and MathFacts in a Flash). Other products use user permissions instead.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, School Administrators
By following these steps, you are changing the capabilities for existing users in a user group - that is, users who are already in this group in the database. Your changes do not affect new users that have not yet been added to the database. (To change the default capabilities that will be given to those users, see Editing or Viewing Default Capabilities for New Users in a Group.)
If you are a school administrator assigned to more than one school, you are editing capabilities for the role you chose on the Other Math & Reading Apps page. To choose a different school, on the Other Math & Reading Apps page, select your name, then Change Role, and choose a different role before starting the procedure below.
- On the Home page, select Other Math & Reading Apps under "Additional Tools."
- On the Other Math & Reading Apps page, select Product Administration.
- Select Define User Capabilities.
- Select Edit Existing Settings next to either the District User Capabilities or the School User Capabilities. (If you are a school administrator, only the School User Capabilities will be listed.)
- If you are a district administrator and are editing School User Capabilities, choose a school from the School drop-down list.
- Select the user group that you want to change the default capabilities for.
- On the next page, select one of the three options for each capability for users in this group:
- Leave as is means that users in the group who already have this capability will keep it, and those who don't have the capability still won't have it.
- Add to all users means that everyone in this group will be given the capability, even if some haven't had it before.
- Remove from all users means the capability will be taken away from everyone in the group, even if some users in the group have had the capability up to now.
- If you have chosen the wrong user group, select < Back to choose a different one.
- The Product column shows you which programs use each capability.
Select Save when you have finished editing the default capabilities for this group. Select Cancel to leave this page without making any changes.