MathFacts in a Flash Work in Renaissance Home Connect
Practicing and practice testing in Renaissance Home Connect is very similar to working in MathFacts in a Flash at school. For more information about what students can do in Renaissance Home Connect, see How Students Work in Renaissance Home Connect.
Please be aware of these differences:
Renaissance Home Connect uses a different web address (URL) from the web address used by Renaissance Place. The Renaissance Home Connect Informational Letter (a Renaissance Home Connect report) contains the web address (URL). This letter is meant to be shared with parents and students.
- Students cannot practice or take practice tests in Renaissance Home Connect until
they have first worked in MathFacts in a Flash at school.
- Student work in Renaissance Home Connect is offline or home practice, so it is handled differently from the work done at school in these ways:
- Though students can practice, they cannot master a level when they work in Renaissance Home Connect. The student must be working at school to master a level, and they must meet the mastery criteria on a MathFacts in a Flash test there.
- You can see summaries of the practice work that students complete in Renaissance Home Connect on the Class Progress Report and the Student Record Report. This offline practice work is kept separate from the work students do at school.
- While Renaissance Home Connect will display information about the student's last session in school, none of the data on the student's work in Renaissance Home Connect will be available in the MathFacts in a Flash Assignment Book at school.
- Previous offline practice from other devices (NEO 2 and Renaissance Responders) will display in Renaissance Home Connect if the history has been sent to Renaissance software. (Note: Student practice on Renaissance Responders and NEO 2 is no longer supported.)
- TOPS Reports are not generated after a MathFacts in a Flash session taken in Renaissance Home Connect.
- Students using Renaissance Home Connect answer the questions by using the mouse to select an answer (or by tapping on a tablet). Students cannot use the keyboard to select an answer.
- Unanswered questions in Renaissance Home Connect are always marked as incorrect.
- Renaissance Home Connect is available in both English and Spanish. When students use MathFacts in a Flash in Renaissance Home Connect, they can choose to work in either English or Spanish as they would when working at school. (The teacher program is English-only.)
Parents and guardians can have Renaissance Home Connect progress updates sent to them via email. The address email@example.com must be approved or added to the home email account's list of contacts.