On the User Accounts page, you can see your user account information (including the school activation code, subscription expiration, and school contact), and you can change your user password.
The way you entered your name when you set up your account determines how your name will appear in the Informational Letter and Teacher Lists. To change how your name appears, edit your User Account information. To use a title (Mr., Mrs., Miss, Ms., Dr., etc.), enter it as part of your first name (Mrs. Jane Doe) or in place of your first name (Mr. Doe).
View Account Information and Change Password
On the Home page under Setup & Administration, click User Accounts.
The User Accounts page opens. This page lists
To edit your Active Account, click Edit.
The Edit Active Account page opens. You can edit your email address, first and last name, and password. Note: Passwords are case-sensitive.
the account holder's First Name and Last Name
School Activation Code
Subscription Expiration date
Contact Information for this account
To save your changes, click Update.
To cancel without saving changes, click Cancel.
Invite a New User
On the Home page under Setup & Administration, click User Accounts. The User Accounts page opens.
In the User Accounts tab, click Invite a New User. The Invite New User page opens.
The School Activation Code is listed.
Fill in the name and email address of the person you would like to invite to become a user of Accelerated Reader Bookguide.
Click Invite User.
A message will tell you that an invitation has been sent to the person you listed. This email contains instructions about how that person can set up his or her own Accelerated Reader Bookguide user account.
Click Done when you have finished.
Create a New Account with a New Activation Code
- Go to www.arbookguide.com.
- Click Create a new account on the login page.
- Type in the Activation code listed in the Accelerated Reader Bookguide Welcome email you received.
The activation code may already be entered if you clicked the link in the email you received to open the Create a New Account panel.
- Enter your first and last name. (If you want a title included, type it as part of a your first name with a space, such as "Mr. James," or enter the title only as described above.)
- Enter your email address.
- Enter a password in the final two fields. Make sure it has six or more characters and at least one number, and make sure you enter the same password in both fields. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
- Click OK. Your account will be created.
- Within a few minutes, you will receive an email confirmation. Click the link in the email to validate your account. Your account must be validated before you can access it.
After validating, you can log in to Accelerated Reader Bookguide using your email address and password.