Viewing Search Results
There are multiple things you can see and do under both Search Results and Refine Your Search.
- The number of titles that came up in your search result list is noted , in addition to how many titles you can see on the current page.
- If there are multiple pages, you can use Previous and Next to move between them , or type a page number after Go to Page then select Go.
- From the Sort By drop-down list select another option:
- Title and Author: Alphabetical (A to Z). You cannot reverse the order (Z to A). Author sort is by last name.
- Interest Levels: Lower grade levels are listed first.
- Book Level: The lowest book levels are listed first.
- Relevance (Quick Search only): The most relevant books are listed first. Relevance is how well a book's title matches the search criteria, as determined by the search engine.
When students finish taking an Accelerated Reader Reading Practice quiz for a book, they may vote to say how they liked the book.
The star rating is calculated from all student votes (nationwide) for the past twelve months. It is updated weekly. Possible ratings are: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, and 4 stars.
If the book has not been rated, this field will say "Not yet rated."
- Select the book cover image or book title to view the book details page for that book.
Refine Your Search
The number of titles is noted in parentheses after each link for this list of search results. To narrow the results, select one of the options.
Your choices are:
- Interest Level
- Language (English or Spanish)
Topics are categories assigned by Renaissance Learning to help organize search results from both an advanced search and search results. Some special topics are:
Award Winners lists books that have won awards. The list of awards used for this topic is larger than the list of awards shown under Collections.
Recommended Reading lists books that have been included in a wide variety of Recommended Reading lists.
Series groups books that are part of a series. Both general and specific series are included. General series have sub-series within them. You can search using either the very broad series name or the more specific sub-series name.
What Kids Are Reading is a list from Renaissance Learning's annual publication, What Kids Are Reading. To see the titles in rank order or to simply learn more about this exciting report, visit: http://www.renaissance.com/learnalytics/wkar/.