Deleting Student Groups
In addition to assigning work to your classes, you can assign it to groups, and you can create groups within a class.
If you no longer want to use a group, you can delete a group set or a group.
- On the Home page, select Reports; then, select Accelerated Reader / Reading Practice in the menu that opens.
- On the Reports page, the Accelerated Reader/Reading Practice tab is selected. In the Monitor Progress section of the page, select Reading Overview Dashboard.
- Select Manage Groups at the top of the dashboard page.
- On the Manage Groups page, your school will be selected. If you have access to more than one school, and you need to change the selected school, click Change Selection; then, select a school in the window that opens and select Apply.
- On the Manage Groups page, your groups in the selected school will be listed. Notice that math and reading groups are listed separately. Reading groups are used with Accelerated Reader 360 (and other reading products).
Deleting a set of groups
If you want to delete a set of groups, select Delete in the row for that group. A message will open to remind you that any assignment activities that are in progress or upcoming (not started) will be deleted. If you want to continue, select Yes.
Deleting individual groups
- If you want to delete individual groups, select Add/Edit on the Manage Groups page.
- On the next page, select for any groups that you want to delete.
- When you have finished deleting groups (and making any other changes), select Save. Note that deleting groups deletes any assignments that are assigned to this group and that are either in-progress or not started (upcoming).