Deactivating Accelerated Reader 360 Article Assignments
Who can do this with standard user permissions?
District level administrators, district staff, school level administrators, school staff, teachers
There are two places where you can deactivate Accelerated Reader 360 article assignments:
- the Accelerated Reader Record Book
- the Track Student Work Dashboard
Follow the steps below for one of these locations to deactivate students' Accelerated Reader 360 assignments so that they don't appear in reports. Note that only completed assignments can be deactivated.
Deactivating in the Accelerated Reader Record Book
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Record Book & Goals in the menu.
- On the Record Book & Goals page, select the Latest Quiz tab.
- On the Latest Quiz tab, select the student whose AR 360 article assignment you want to deactivate.
- On the Quizzes tab of the Student Details page, use the drop-down list to choose Article Quizzes.
In the list of quizzes taken, administrators with the default capabilities will see quizzes from this school year and the previous school year. Teachers will only see quizzes from this school year unless they have been granted the View Students' Historical Assignments user permission.
- When you have found the quiz for the article assignment that you want to deactivate, select Actions in the row for that quiz; then, select Deactivate from the menu that opens.
You can also search for the quiz by title or number using the search field above the table.
- A message will show you the student's name, the quiz date and number, and the title. It will also remind you that the quiz record will be removed from reports and goals. If you want to continue, select OK. Note:Though the message only mentions the quiz, the skills practice portion of the assignment will be deactivated too.
- If you choose to deactivate the record, a message will tell you that the quiz is being deactivated and that the process might take a few minutes. Select OK.
- You will see "Deactivated" in the row for the quiz instead of the student's score. If the assignment also included skills practice, the skills practice portion of the assignment will also be deactivated. Note: Although "Deactivated" will be shown right after you deactivate the quiz, it may take up to 30 minutes for the change to affect the School Year Summary at the top of the page.
Note: If the student retakes the quiz, you will see both the deactivated quiz and the new quiz score.
If you decide that you want to reactivate the assignment later, you can select Actions again and choose Reactivate from the menu.
Deactivating in the Track Student Work Dashboard
- On the Home page, select Reports; then, select Accelerated Reader / Reading Practice in the menu that opens.
- On the Reports page, the Accelerated Reader/Reading Practice tab is selected. In the Management Reports section of the page, select Track Student Work Dashboard.
- Several assignment types are selected by default. If you want to narrow this to Accelerated Reader 360 assignments, select the number of assignment types.
In the window that opens, choose Practice, then Accelerated Reader 360 Instructional Practice, and the select the assignment types. Select Apply.
- Next, choose the students for whom you want to view data.
In the columns that open, find and choose the students whose data you want to see.
If necessary, select the school, teacher, and class or group. You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard. In the last column, first choose whether to see data for all students in the class or to select the students. If you choose to select students, check the box for each student that you want to include in the data. When you have finished, select Apply.
In the Classes and Groups column, you will see the class listed, and then each group for a class. For example, if Class A has custom groups set up named Blue Group and Green Group, you would see Class A listed alone, then Class A - Blue Group and Class A - Green Group.
- Next, choose the timeframe to view data for: the school year, the last 30 days, the last 7 days, the current marking period, today, or custom dates.
Administrators set up marking periods in your Renaissance software. In the Track Student Work Dashboard, when you choose Marking Period as the time period to view data for, the software uses the current marking period that has the type set to Marking Period.
You can't select Marking Period if no school marking periods are set up in your Renaissance software.
If you choose to see data for a custom date range, you can either type the start and end dates or select them from the calendars that open as you click in each field. You can select Clear dates (in the top right corner) to remove dates that you have entered or selected. When you're done choosing the dates, select Continue (or Cancel if you decide not to use custom dates).
- In the table of Lesson Plans on the page, select your plan for Accelerated Reader 360 article assignments. (Look for the name that you gave the assignment plan.)
- You will see a list of the assignments. Find the assignment that you want to deactivate for students; then, select the arrow to the left of it to see a list of students who have completed the assignment.
- For each student listed, you will see a number in the last column (the Scored column). This shows you how many activities (skills practice and quizzes) have been scored for the assignment. Click the number to open a menu. Note that the assignment and all associated activities will be deactivated.
- Select Deactivate in the menu. (Note: If the assignment included skills practice in addition to the quiz, the "Deactivate" option won't be available until you have scored the skills practice.)
- A message will show you the student's name, assignment name, date taken, and score. It will also remind you that the assignment records will not appear in reports. If you want to continue, select Deactivate.
- Next, a message will tell you that the assignment is being deactivated and that the process might take a few minutes. Select OK.
- After a few minutes, you will see a "D" in the last column for the student instead of the number of scored activities.
If you decide that you want to reactivate the assignment later, you can select the "D" and choose Reactivate from the menu.