Deactivating Accelerated Reader 360 Article Assignments
Follow the steps below to deactivate students' Accelerated Reader 360 assignments so that they don't appear in reports. Note that only completed assignments can be deactivated.
Who can do this with standard user permissions?
District level administrators, district staff, school level administrators, school staff, teachers
- On the Home page, select Reports; then, select Accelerated Reader / Reading Practice in the menu that opens.
- On the Reports page, the Accelerated Reader/Reading Practice tab is selected. In the Management Reports section of the page, select Track Student Work Dashboard.
- Several assignment types are selected by default. If you want to narrow this to Accelerated Reader 360 assignments, select the number of assignment types.
In the window that opens, choose Practice, then Accelerated Reader 360 Instructional Practice, and the select the assignment types. Select Apply.
- Next, choose the students for whom you want to view data.
In the columns that open, find and choose the students whose data you want to see.
If necessary, select the school, teacher, and class or group. You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard. In the last column, first choose whether to see data for all students in the class or to select the students. If you choose to select students, check the box for each student that you want to include in the data. When you have finished, select Apply.
In the Classes and Groups column, you will see the class listed, and then each group for a class. For example, if Class A has custom groups set up named Blue Group and Green Group, you would see Class A listed alone, then Class A - Blue Group and Class A - Green Group.
- Next, choose the timeframe to view data for: the school year, the last 30 days, the last 7 days, the current marking period, today, or custom dates.
Administrators set up marking periods in your Renaissance software. In the Track Student Work Dashboard, when you choose Marking Period as the time period to view data for, the software uses the current marking period that has the type set to Marking Period.
You can't select Marking Period if no school marking periods are set up in your Renaissance software.
If you choose to see data for a custom date range, you can either type the start and end dates or select them from the calendars that open as you click in each field. You can select Clear dates (in the top right corner) to remove dates that you have entered or selected. When you're done choosing the dates, select Continue (or Cancel if you decide not to use custom dates).
- In the table of Lesson Plans on the page, select your plan for Accelerated Reader 360 article assignments. (Look for the name that you gave the assignment plan.)
- You will see a list of the assignments. Find the assignment that you want to deactivate for students; then, select the arrow to the left of it to see a list of students who have completed the assignment.
- For each student listed, you will see a number in the last column (the Scored column). This shows you how many activities (skills practice and quizzes) have been scored for the assignment. Click the number to open a menu. Note that the assignment and all associated activities will be deactivated.
- Select Deactivate in the menu.
- A message will show you the student's name, assignment name, date taken, and score. It will also remind you that the assignment records will not appear in reports. If you want to continue, select Deactivate.
- Next, a message will tell you that the assignment is being deactivated and that the process might take a few minutes. Select OK.
- After a few minutes, you will see a "D" in the last column for the student instead of the number of scored activities.
If you decide that you want to reactivate the assignment later, you can select the "D" and choose Reactivate from the menu.