Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
The Reading Trends dashboard is in the Reading Reports. To find it, on the Home page, select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading, then Reports (or select the Reading Reports tile on the Home page). This dashboard is available to teachers, staff, and administrators.
The Reading Trends Dashboard tells you more about your students' reading based on Reading Practice Quizzes, Other Reading Quizzes, and Article Quizzes. You can see top and bottom results for the number of quizzes taken, quiz ratings for Reading Practice Quizzes, or percent correct among students in the classes you select. Based on your selections, you can see these results for:
- fiction, nonfiction, or both
- books, articles, or both
- specific classes or students
- specific timeframes
Making the Selections
To start, use the drop-down lists at the top of the page to choose what you want to see:
- Click the class and student information to choose which class and students to include.
Then, in the first column, select a school if necessary.
In the Classes column, select one class.
In the Groups column, choose "Whole Class" or one of the groups listed.
In the Students column, you can also choose whether to include all students in the class or to select specific students. If you choose Select Students, check the students that you want to include.
When you've finished, select Apply.
- Choose whether to show the top results (highest ratings, greatest number of quizzes taken, or highest percent correct) or bottom results.
- Choose whether to see results for fiction, nonfiction, or both:
- Choose whether to see results for books, articles, or both:
- Choose whether to see the ratings that students chose (how much they liked Reading Practice titles), the number of quizzes taken, or percent correct.
- Choose the time period to view data for. "Marking period" is the current marking period. "School Year" means the current school year.
If you want to set the start and end dates for the data you want to see, choose Custom. Then, select the start date in the calendar to the left, and select the end date for the time period in the calendar to the right. When you've finished, click Apply. The dates that you've chosen will be shown at the top of the page.
Viewing the Data
Once you've made the selections, a graph will show you the data that you chose to view. The example below shows top percent correct results for quizzes taken by a specific class.
For more information about a specific quiz, select the quiz title to see the ratings students have given the title, the number of times it was taken (quiz frequency), the average percent correct, the quiz number, the book level (ATOS or Lexile® Measure, depending on the school setting), and the language.
Returning to the Navigator
To go back to the New Reports or Reading Dashboard Navigator (depending on your software version), select this icon in the top-right corner of the page:
Printing the Reading Trends Data
To open a printable PDF of the Reading Trends data you are viewing, select the PDF icon in the top-right corner of the page.