How Teachers View Students' TOPS Reports
Teachers and administrators can view a student's TOPS Report for a specific quiz by following the steps below. Reports are available in English or Spanish. (Note that students can also see their TOPS Reports again when they view their completed work.)
Who can do this with default permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Record Book & Goals in the menu.
- In the Accelerated Reader Record Book, on the Latest Quiz tab, select the student whose TOPS Report you want to see.
- On the Quizzes tab, you will see a list of the Reading Practice quizzes that the student has taken. If you want to see quizzes of another type, select Reading Practice Quizzes and choose the quiz type.
In the list of quizzes taken, administrators with the default capabilities will see quizzes from this school year and the previous school year. Teachers will only see quizzes from this school year unless they have been granted the View Students' Historical Assignments user permission.
- When you have found the quiz, select Actions in the row for that quiz; then, select View TOPS from the menu that opens.
If the student has taken more than 100 quizzes of the type you selected, the list will be split into multiple pages. Use the arrows at the bottom of the page to see the next or previous section of the list.
You can also search for the quiz by title or number using the search field above the table.
- The TOPS Report for the student will open. On the report, you'll see information about the book or article, the student's score, points or words earned (depending on the quiz type), and the student's progress.
If you want to see the report in Spanish, select Español.
If you want to print the report, select the PDF Print icon at the top of the page to open a file that is ready to print.
To go back to the Student Details page, select < Back.