Accelerated Reader Monitor Password
The Accelerated Reader monitor password is used in the following circumstances:
The monitor password is set for each class.
Use the Monitor Password - Reading Quizzes preference to see or set the monitor password for Accelerated Reader quizzes for your classes. The monitor password is required when you stop a Accelerated Reader quiz; using the Password Requirement preference, you can choose whether the password is also required before and/or after Accelerated Reader quizzes.
Note that you can set the monitor password for each class. Star tests have a separate monitor password preference; be sure to use the Monitor Password - Reading Quizzes preference for Accelerated Reader quizzes.
Who can do this with default permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators, Teachers
District level administrators can set the preference for all classes at all schools. School level administrators can set the preference for all classes at their schools. Teachers can set the preference for their classes. Other staff cannot set the preference unless they have been granted special permissions, but they can view the settings.
- Select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading or one of the Star products on the Home page and then choose Preferences from the menu.
- Select Monitor Password - Reading Quizzes under the Class Preferences on the Preferences page.
- By default, all of your classes are listed.
If you want to set the preference for specific classes, select the link under the preference name.
If necessary, select a school in the first column. In the right column, you can either select All Classes and Groups or choose Select Classes and Groups and check the classes. (You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.) When you're done, select Apply.
- Your classes are listed, and you can see the current monitor password for reading quizzes for each class. For each class, enter the monitor password that you want to use. Note: Monitor passwords are case-sensitive, so be sure to use the same capitalization that you expect your teachers to use (for example, MonitorPW is different from monitorpw).
If you want to use the same setting for all of the selected classes, select Set All above the table.
In the popup window, enter the password that you want to use; then, select Apply to All. (You still need to save your changes.)
- Select Save Changes to save your settings. (Select < Back to go back to the Preferences page.)