Monitor Override Preference
Use the Monitor Password Override preference to allow teachers and quiz monitors in your school to override the following restrictions for Accelerated Reader quizzes:
If you allow overrides, teachers can enter the class monitor password for reading quizzes (set in the Monitor Password - Reading Quizzes preference) to allow students to take quizzes on books with restricted book levels or interest levels or during times and dates that you have restricted.
Follow these steps to set the preference:
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators
District level administrators can set the preference for all schools on your site. School level administrators can set the preference for their schools. Other staff and teachers cannot set the preference unless they have been granted special permissions, but they can view the settings.
- Select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading on the Home page and then choose Preferences from the menu.
- Select Monitor Password Override under the School Preferences on the Preferences page.
- Your schools are listed. For each school, check the first box if you want to allow the monitor password to override book level and interest level restrictions that you set for individual students.
- Check the second box if you want to allow teachers to use the password to override date, time, and weekend restrictions. (If you change the setting here, the override setting will also change for the school in the Date and Time Restrictions preference.)
If you want to use the same setting for all of your schools, select Set All above the table.
In the popup window, check the boxes or remove the check marks; then, select Apply to All. (You still need to save your changes.)
- Select Save Changes to save your settings. (Select < Back to go back to the Preferences page.)
If you use this preference to allow your quiz monitors to override restrictions and blocked quizzes, you can use the Monitor Password - Reading Quizzes preference to specify the actual password that your quiz monitors must use.