Show Quiz Answers Preference
This preference determines whether students are allowed to review quiz questions and answers and to see the questions they missed after passing Reading Practice, Literacy Skills, and/or Other Reading Quizzes. If students are allowed to do this, they will have a Review Questions button on the quiz results page.
- Students who fail quizzes cannot review questions.
- If students are allowed to review questions, they can see them both at school and if they log in from home using Renaissance Home Connect.
- Students cannot review questions for quizzes that they took in past school years, regardless of the settings of the preference.
- Note that students sometimes misuse the review feature to share answers with others; if you find that students are doing this, turn the option off. Even when the option is off for students, teachers can see a student's individual quiz answers when they select Review/Rescore for a quiz in the AR Record Book.
Follow the steps below to set the preference.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators, Teachers
District level administrators can set the preference for all classes at all schools. School level administrators can set the preference for all classes at their schools. Teachers can set the preference for their classes. Other staff cannot set the preference unless they have been granted special permissions, but they can view the settings.
- Select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading on the Home page and then choose Preferences from the popup menu.
- Select Show Quiz Answers under the Class Preferences on the Preferences page.
- If you have access to more than one school, use the Schools drop-down list to choose the school whose classes you want to set the preference for.
- Select the Classes drop-down list to choose the class(es) that you want to set the preference for. Then, check the classes. If you want to set the preference for all of your classes, click Select All. (The link changes to Clear All when you do this; select that link if you want to clear all selections.)
- The classes you selected are listed. For each class, check the box if you want students who pass reading quizzes in this school year to be allowed to review the questions and answers.
If you want to use the same setting for all of the selected classes, select Set All above the table.
In the popup window, check the box or remove the check mark; then, select Apply to All. (You still need to save your changes.)
- Select Save Changes to save your settings. (Select < Back to go back to the Preferences page.)