Administrators can manage the books for which quizzes are available in your school(s). When you manage books, you can see which books your school has quizzes for, and you can decide which books you want to allow your students to take quizzes on.
When you make books hidden for students, the students cannot find or take quizzes for those books. Quizzes that are hidden also will not be included in the book ideas on the student's Accelerated Reader search/Reading page.
If you want to hide all articles and article quizzes for students in a school, use the Article Quiz Availability preference instead of following the steps below.
Follow these steps to manage the availability of quizzes for your students.
Who can do this with standard user permissions?
District Administrators, School Administrators
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader or Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Manage Books & Quizzes.
- Select Manage Books & Quizzes on the Manage Content page.
- On the Manage Books and Quizzes page, "Book Titles" should be selected in the sentence. Select the school name in the sentence; then, select a school in the window that opens and select Apply.
- For each book/quiz, you will see the title, author, quiz number and language, fiction/nonfiction, the quiz types available, the ATOS book level and/or Lexile®* measure, interest level, and the points available for Reading Practice Quizzes. You will also see the beginning of a description of the book; to see the full description, select [...].
The Locale Content Sets preference determines which countries' quizzes that you, your teachers, and your students can see. If you have chosen to see quizzes from multiple countries, you may see duplicate titles since the same book may have separate quizzes for different countries.
You can choose to sort the books by relevance to a search you've done or by title.
To narrow the list to specific quizzes, you can search or use filters. It is helpful to narrow the list; working with groups of similar titles can make it easier to manage quiz availability.
If you have searched for a term and you want to go back to the full list of quizzes, delete all text from the search field and click the magnifying glass.
If you use filters, choose from the following (you can use more than one filter):
- F/NF: Include fiction, nonfiction, and/or Undefined (for Teacher-Made Quizzes that don't include the information).
- Interest Level: Include LG (lower grades, K-3), MG (middle grades, 4-8), MG+ (grades 6-8), and/or UG (upper grades, 9-12).
You can also include books with an Unknown interest level (for Teacher-Made Quizzes that don't include interest level information).
- Points: Include books whose Reading Practice Quizzes have specific point values. Move the circles to set the lower and upper limits of the range you'd like to include in search results.
- ATOS BL: Include books within a specific book level range. Move the circles to set the lower and upper limits of the range to include.
- Lexile® measure: Include books within a specific Lexile® measure range. Move the circles to set the lower and upper limits of the range to include.
- Language: Choose to include English titles, Spanish titles, or both.
- Quiz Type: Choose to narrow the list to titles with Article Quizzes (not shown on this page), Literacy Skills Quizzes, Other Reading Quizzes, Reading Practice Quizzes, Teacher-Made Quizzes, Textbook Quizzes, and/or Vocabulary Practice Quizzes.
- Published Date: Choose start and end dates to see a list of book titles that have had quizzes published during that date range. You can enter the dates in the fields or select them in the calendars. If you decide not to use dates you have entered, select Clear dates above the date fields.
- Publisher Series: Choose the textbook series that you’d like to see quizzes from. (This filter is intended for Other Reading Quizzes.)
Once you choose a filter, it is checked in the list - see F/NF in the example below. You can clear the filters you've applied by selecting Clear All at the bottom of the pop-up window. To close the filter window, select Close.
When you have filters selected and you've closed the pop-up window, you see the filters below the search field. See the F/NF and ATOS BL filters in the example below. If you decide to remove a filter, you can select the X for a single filter, or you can select Clear All to remove all filters.
In the list of results, each book has an icon that shows whether its quizzes are visible to students () or hidden (). This status applies to all quiz types that exist for that book: Reading Practice, Literacy Skills, Vocabulary Practice, and Other Reading. To change the visibility of a book's quizzes for students, check the book; then, choose Visible to Students or Hide from Students above the list of books.
Note that there is a limit to the number of books you can hide; the limit and the number of books you have hidden are shown in blue at the top of the Manage Books page. (If you want to hide many books based on their book levels or interest levels, consider using the Book Level Restrictions or Interest Level Restrictions preferences for restricting quizzing.)
If you want to select all of the books on the page of results, check the box above the list, next to the buttons.
A message will remind you that you are making a certain number of quizzes available or unavailable. To continue, select Yes; to cancel, select No. The icon for each book title will change to reflect the availability of quizzes for that book.
Note: If you have reached the limit for hidden books, you will see a note instead letting you know that you cannot hide more books; click OK.
Search again or apply other filters to work with another group of quizzes. When you have finished, you can leave the Manage Books page.
You can also select and hide Other Reading (textbook) quiz titles.
* LEXILE®, the LEXILE® logo and POWERV® are trademarks of MetaMetrics, Inc., and are registered in the United States and abroad. Copyright © 2022 MetaMetrics, Inc. All rights reserved.