Deleting Reading Practice Goals for a Student
You can delete an individual student's Reading Practice goals for points earned, average book level, and average percent correct.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators, Teachers
District level administrators can delete goals for all classes and students at all schools. School level administrators can delete goals for all classes and students at their schools. Teachers can delete goals for their classes and students. Other staff cannot view or delete goals unless they have been granted more permissions.
Follow the steps to delete goals that you have set for individual students:
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Record Book & Goals from the menu that opens.
- When you have opened the Accelerated Reader Record Book, select the Goals tab.
- At the top of the page, you will see a School drop-down list if you have access to more than one school and a Class drop-down list if you have access to more than one class. Use the drop-down list(s) to select the school and class whose information you want to view. You can view information for one class at a time.
- To choose the marking period for which you want to see or delete goals, select the marking period name that is shown by default; then, choose a marking period from the drop-down list. You can also select the school year if you want to delete goals for the entire year.
- On the Goals tab, you can delete goals from the table as needed; if you want to clear daily reading time, select "None" from the drop-down list. Select Save Goals when you have finished.
If you prefer to delete just one student's goals, select the student's name. Then, on the Student Details page, on the Goals tab, select Delete in the row for the goals that you want to delete.