Editing the TWI Settings Preference
You can use the TWI Settings preference to indicate if you want the students in a class asked how a book was read or if you want the program to automatically mark it as Read Independently. The settings in this preference apply on Reading Practice and Other Reading Quizzes.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators, Teachers
District level administrators can set the preference for students in all classes at all schools. School level administrators can set the preference for students in all classes at their schools. Teachers can set the preference for students in their classes. Other staff cannot set the preference unless they have been granted special permissions, but they can view the settings.
To change the TWI settings for your students, follow these steps:
- Select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading on the Home page and then choose Preferences from the popup menu.
- Select Quiz Settings under the Individual Student Preferences on the Preferences page.
- By default, one of your classes is selected, and all of the students in the class are listed.
If you want to set the preference for students in a different class, select the link under the preference name.
If necessary, select a school in the first column. Select a single class in the second column. (You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.)
In the third column, you can either select All Students or choose Select Students and check the students that you want to set the preference for. When you're done, select Apply.
- The students in the class are listed. In the first column, for each student, choose whether each student should be asked how the book was read (To, With, or Independently). Always Independent means that the student will not be asked the question, and the software will assume that all books read by the student were read independently. Ask TWI Question means the question will be asked.
- In the second column, for each student, you can choose one of the following settings for Reading Practice Quizzes that have Recorded Voice available:
- On: All: Choose this setting if, by default, you want the student to take quizzes with Recorded Voice no matter how the book was read (To, With, or Independently). Even though using Recorded Voice will be the default, the student can still choose not to use Recorded Voice for the quiz.
- On: Read to or With: Choose this setting if, by default, you want the student to take a quiz with Recorded Voice on books that were Read To or Read With. Even though using Recorded Voice will be the default for books that are Read To or Read With, the student can still choose whether or not to use Recorded Voice for the quiz.
- Off: All: Choose this setting if you do not want the student using Recorded Voice for any quiz. If you choose this option, the student will not have the option to use Recorded Voice.
Select Save Changes to save your settings. (Select < Back to go back to the Preferences page.)
If you want to use the same setting for all of the selected students, select Set All above the table.
In the popup window, choose the setting that you prefer from each drop-down list; then, select Apply to All. (You still need to save your changes.)