Deleting Reading Practice Certifications for a Student
For students with certification goals, you can delete a student's achieved certification by deleting the goal that you set for that certification. If you want students to achieve the certification again, instead of deleting it, you can set a new goal for that certification level; see Recertification.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators, Teachers
To delete a certification goal, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Record Book & Goals in the menu.
- If you have access to more than one school and/or more than one class, use the drop-down lists at the top of the page to choose the school and class whose information you want to see.
- Select the Certifications tab to see a class view of your students' current reading goals.
- Select a specific student to see past certifications and the current certification goal.
- The student's certification goals will be listed. Select Delete in the row for the certification goal that you want to delete.
If you delete an achieved certification, it will no longer be shown on this page or on reports. If you delete a certification goal that was in progress, the student will not have a certification goal until you set a new one.
If your user permissions allow you to see goals from last school year, note that only goals from this school year can be deleted.
A message will remind you that the goal will be removed from student records and reports; if you want to continue, select Delete in the message.