Deactivating a Student's Quiz Record
Follow the steps below to deactivate a student's quiz record so that it does not count toward the student's goals and does not appear in the reports on the student's work. Records can be deactivated for Reading Practice Quizzes, Literacy Skills Quizzes, Vocabulary Practice Quizzes, Other Reading Quizzes, and Article Quizzes.
Who can do this with the standard user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers*
*Teachers' ability to deactivate quizzes is set by the Manage Quiz Results preference.
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Record Book & Goals in the menu.
- On the Record Book & Goals page, select the Latest Quiz tab.
- On the Latest Quiz tab, select the student whose quiz record you want to deactivate.
- On the Quizzes tab, you will see a list of the Reading Practice quizzes that the student has taken. If you want to see quizzes of another type, select Reading Practice Quizzes and choose the quiz type: Literacy Skills Quizzes, Vocabulary Practice Quizzes, Other Reading Quizzes, or Article Quizzes.
In the list of quizzes taken, administrators with the default capabilities will see quizzes from this school year and the previous school year. Teachers will only see quizzes from this school year unless they have been granted the View Students' Historical Assignments user permission.
- When you have found the quiz, select Actions in the row for that quiz; then, select Deactivate from the menu that opens. Note: If you are a teacher and the View TOPS option is the only one available, the Manage Quiz Results preference setting does not allow teachers to deactivate quizzes; contact your school or software administrator to ask that the quiz be deactivated.
You can also search for the quiz by title or number using the search field above the table.
For students whose classes use the goal models for grades 3-5 or grades 6 and up, you can also deactivate quizzes starting from the Student Goals tab on the Student Details page. Note that the Student Goals tab only lists quizzes from the selected marking period.
If you have Accelerated Reader 360 and you deactivate a quiz associated with a skills practice activity, that activity will also be deactivated.
- A message will show you the student's name, the quiz date, the quiz number, and the title. It will also remind you that the quiz record will be removed from reports and goals. If you want to continue, select OK.
- If you choose to deactivate the record, a message will tell you that the quiz is being deactivated and that the process might take a few minutes. Select OK.
- You will see "Deactivated" in the row for the quiz instead of the student's score. Note: Although "Deactivated" will be shown right after you deactivate the quiz, it may take up to 30 minutes for the change to affect the School Year Summary at the top of the page.
Note: If the student retakes the quiz, you will see both the deactivated quiz and the new quiz score.
If you decide that you want to reactivate the assignment later, you can select Actions again and choose Reactivate from the menu.