About User Permissions
Renaissance software uses permissions to give users the right to perform specific tasks in the software.
Each user is given user permissions based on the permission group that the user was assigned to when he or she was added to the Renaissance software. There are six user permission groups:
- District Level Administrator
- District Dashboard Owner
- District Staff
- School Level Administrator
- School Staff
For more detailed information about permissions, see Viewing and Editing User Permissions.
For Accelerated Reader tasks, the following permissions apply. To see which permission groups have each permission by default, see User Permissions Table.
- Preference permissions determine which of the preferences you can set. The permissions include Edit Classroom Preferences, Edit District Preferences, and Edit School Preferences.
- Content management permissions set whether you can manage books, view quiz information, take sample quizzes, and add Teacher-Made Quizzes:
- Manage Classroom Activities sets whether you can set goals and produce class reports.
- View Classroom Activities sets whether you can see student assignments, scores, and goals, produce class reports, and access the Accelerated Reader Record Book.
- School-Level Access sets whether you can view reports and scores for the entire school rather than just your assigned classes.
- Reporting permissions determine which reports and dashboard views you can use and how you can filter the data.