Accelerated Reader Overview
Renaissance Accelerated Reader products equip teachers with unparalleled insight into independent reading practice, research-proven goal setting tools, activities that span a variety of skills and text types, and a worldwide community of support. Students enjoy endless choice and the agency required to truly fall in love with reading, achieve mastery, and grow.
Accelerated Reader includes Reading Practice Quizzes, Vocabulary Practice Quizzes, Literacy Skills Quizzes, and Other Reading (textbook) Quizzes. Recorded Voice Quizzes are also available for emergent readers. Many quizzes are available in both English and Spanish. Accelerated Reader also includes high-interest nonfiction articles and short quizzes about those articles.
How It Works in Your Classroom
A typical Accelerated Reader classroom operates something like this:
- You assign Reading Practice goals and certification goals for the students.
- Students either choose a book to read or read books you have assigned to them.
- Students use Accelerated Reader to search for and take the quiz for the books they have read.
- Accelerated Reader scores each student’s quiz, and the student can see the results: their scores, how many questions they answered correctly, and how many points they earned if they passed the quiz.
- You and the student discuss the quiz results.
- You can use the Accelerated Reader Record Book and reports to keep track of students' progress and overall performance.