Student Details - Quizzes Tab
The Student Details page provides more information about the selected student's reading practice, including totals for the student. The Quizzes tab shows you a list of the quizzes that the student has taken.
How to Go to the Student Details Page
Who can do this with default permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, Teachers
First, on the Home page, select Accelerated Reader 360 Independent Reading; then, select Record Book & Goals in the menu.
If you have access to more than one school and/or more than one class, use the drop-down lists at the top of the page to choose the school and class whose information you want to see.
Then, in the Accelerated Reader Record Book, on the Latest Quiz tab, select the student whose information you want to see.
Changing the Selected Student
Use the Student drop-down list at the top of the page to view a different student's information. You cannot change the class or school in the Student Details, but you can change them if you select < Back to go back to the class Record Book page.
Viewing the Student's Statistics
At the top of the page, you'll see the following information for the selected student:
- Zone of Proximal Development or Lexile® Range (if the student has taken a Star Reading test - the value shown depends on the Lexile® Range preference)
- the number of books the student has read this school year (based on the number of passed Reading Practice Quizzes and Other Reading Quizzes)
- the number of articles the student has read this school year (based on the number of passed article quizzes)
- the percentage of reading that has been nonfiction (based on the number of passed quizzes)
- the number of words the student has learned based on Vocabulary Practice Quizzes
Viewing the Quizzes That the Student Has Taken
When you first come to this page and the Quizzes tab, you will see a list of the Reading Practice Quizzes the student has taken. With default permissions, administrators will see the quizzes taken in this school year and the previous school year; teachers will see the quizzes taken this school year only unless they have been granted the View Students' Historical Assignments user permission.
If you want to see records for a different type of quiz (Vocabulary Practice Quizzes, Literacy Skills Quizzes, Other Reading Quizzes, or Article Quizzes), select the quiz type and choose an item from the menu.
For each quiz, the list shows the date the quiz was taken, the quiz number, the title, the ATOS Book Level (or Lexile® Measure), and the score. For Reading Practice Quizzes, Other Reading Quizzes, and Article Quizzes, the list also shows the number of points the student earned for each quiz. Next to each quiz score, you will see a check mark () if the student passed the quiz or an exclamation point () if the student failed the quiz; for more about how students pass quizzes, see Passing Percentage.
The Lexile® Range preference determines whether the ATOS book level or Lexile® Measure is shown in the Student Details.
If the date is underlined for a quiz in the list, it means that the quiz date was changed. Move the cursor over that date to the see the original quiz date, when it was changed, and the name of the person who changed it.
By default, the list is sorted by quiz date, with the newest quizzes listed first. You can sort the list by the quiz date, quiz number, title, ATOS Book Level (or Lexile® Measure), score, or points earned. Select a column heading once to sort in ascending order; select it again to sort in descending order.
If the list is long and you'd like to find a specific quiz, click in the search field and type part of the quiz title or quiz number. As you type, the software will narrow the list to quiz titles that include the text you type. To go back to the full list, select the to the right of the text you typed.
If you see "Started" in the Score column for a quiz, the student has started the quiz, but hasn't finished it. The quiz may be in progress, or it may have been interrupted because the browser window was closed during the quiz or the computer experienced a problem. If the quiz was interrupted, the student can resume the quiz. (Stopped quizzes are not shown in this list because their records are not saved.)
If you see "Deactivated" in the Score column for a quiz, the quiz record has been deactivated (see below), so it no longer appears in reports, and it does not count toward goals. You can reactivate the quiz record if necessary.
Teachers and administrators can click the Actions link in the row for a quiz to see the following options:
- View TOPS: Select this to see the TOPS Report for the student's quiz. When you view a TOPS Report, you can choose to view it in English or Spanish, and you can print the report.
- Review/Rescore (Reading Practice and Other Reading Quizzes only): Select this to rescore the questions on the student's quiz or to simply review the student's answers. For details, see Editing Students' Reading Practice or Other Reading Scores.
- Transfer Activity: Select this to transfer a quiz record from the current student to another student. This is useful when a student has accidentally taken a quiz while logged in as another student. For details, see Transferring a Quiz Record from One Student to Another. (For Article quizzes, both the quiz shown here and the skills practice assignment will be transferred.)
- Edit Quiz Date: Select this to change the date for the student's quiz record. This is useful when the quiz should count toward a goal for a different marking period or appear in reports for a different time period. For details, see Editing Quiz Dates.
- Deactivate (all quiz types except Article Quizzes): Select this to deactivate a quiz record so that it does not count toward the student's goals and it does not appear in reports. After you deactivate a quiz, you will see "Deactivated" on the Student Details page instead of the score. You can reactivate the quiz by selecting Actions again and choosing Reactivate. For details, see Deactivating a Student's Quiz Record.
If you do not see the Review/Rescore, Transfer Activity, Edit Quiz Date, and Deactivate links for the quiz types noted above, it is because you have not been granted the Manage Student Assignments user permission. (Note that Review/Rescore and Deactivate are not available for Article Quizzes.)
After you deactivate (or reactivate), transfer, or rescore a quiz record, it may take up to 30 minutes for the change to be reflected in the School Year Summary at the top of the page.
Printing and Reports
If you want to print the page, select PDF in the gray bar toward the top of the page.
If you want to go to the Reading Reports, select the dashboard icon in the gray bar.
Other Tabs on the Student Details Page
To see this student's reading goals, select the Goals tab.
To see this student's certification goals, select the Certifications tab.