How Students Use Resources and the Math Glossary
When students log in and work in the Accelerated Math software on a computer or tablet, they can access resources by following these steps:
- After logging in to the Renaissance site, on the student Home page, select Math & Other Apps.
- On the next page, select Accelerated Math 2.0.
If your school has Renaissance Home Connect, students can also log in to Renaissance Home Connect from home, select the math tab, and then select the Accelerated Math 2.0 tab. On that tab, students can select Open Accelerated Math 2.0. They can then follow the rest of these steps to use resources or the math glossary.
- If a Choose Your Class window opens, select the class you want to see resources for; then, select Done.
- If you are in more than one group, use the drop-down list to choose the group that you are doing work for.
- In the green bar at the top of the page, select Resources.
- Select the Browse drop-down list to choose whether you want to see resources for your practices, your tests, the subskills you completed, or all subskills.
- You will see a list of the subskills for the choice you made. If you chose a type of assignment, you can choose whether to see subskills for the current assignment or the last one.
- Select next to a subskill to see its resources.
In the list of resources, if you see glossary terms, click one to see a definition and example.
If you see worked example links, select View Worked Example to see examples of how to solve this type of problem.
If you see Peer Help, you will see the names of students in your class who may be able to help you with the subskill.
You may also see links to videos to teach you more about how to work the problems.
- To get definitions of math terms, select Math Glossary in the top-right part of the page.
On the Math Glossary page, you can search for a term by entering it and selecting Go, or you can select the Browse drop-down list to choose the letter it starts with. You can also use the Grade drop-down list to choose which grade level that you want to see terms for.
When the term that you are looking for is in the list, select it. You will see an explanation.
You can hear how to say the term by selecting . If there is a Play button next to the explanation, select it to watch an animated explanation of the term. When you are done reading the explanation, select < Back.
To leave the math glossary, select < Back or click another link in the green bar at the top of the page.