Assignment Plan Setup for Groups
Learning Schedules are divided into Assignment Plans. When you create a Learning Schedule for groups in the class, you choose the number of days in each Assignment Plan and make adjustments to days as needed; you also choose the skills and subskills to include in each Assignment Plan.
By default, each group's Assignment Plan includes all the skills that are in the selected Learning Schedule, including the subskills that are associated with those skills. On the Assignment Plan page, you can see the skills and subskills in a group's Assignment Plan and make changes if necessary; you can also see the resources that are available for instruction for the skills and subskills. Follow the steps below.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, School Administrators, Teachers
- On the Home page, select Other Math & Reading Apps.
- On the next page, select Accelerated Math 2.0.
- Select Assignment Plan in the links to the right of the Accelerated Math logo.
- Use the drop-down lists at the top of the page to choose the school and class if necessary. (These are available if you have access to more than one school or class.)
- Use the Learning Schedule drop-down list to choose the one that includes the Assignment Plans you want to change.
- Use the Assignment Plan drop-down list to choose the Assignment Plan you'd like to work with.
- The top of the page will show a list of groups with the number of assignments. Select the group that you want to work with.
Note that the number of assignments shown is twice the number of subskills that are in the Assignment Plan. This is because students will be completing at least one practice and one test for each subskill.
- The group's assignments for this time period are shown in a table below the group chart. The first column shows the skills and subskills. Focus skills are marked with >> as shown below.
If you want more information about a skill or subskill, select its name. When you do this, the second column will list the assignments (Accelerated Math items for which students can take practices and tests) and the resources available for instruction for this skill or subskill:
- Accelerated Math items, which represent the subskill assignments that students can complete practices and tests for. To see sample problems, select one of these items.
- Depth of Knowledge activities in PDF form. Select the Student or Teacher link to view or print these activities. (The Teacher copy includes the answer key.)
- Links to instructional videos.
- Worked examples of problems related to the skill.
- Glossary terms.
To see any of the resources, select the links for those items.
If you need to remove a skill or subskill from the Assignment Plan, select the circle () to the left of the skill or subskill to remove the check mark. (When you remove a skill, all subskills for that skill are removed as well.) Subskills that are removed will not be assigned to students, so students will not see those subskills on practices or tests. If students have already completed work on those subskills, the work will not be deleted.
Any changes that you make to the Assignment Plan are saved immediately. You can see the assigned work for each group and students' progress on that work on the Progress Dashboard page.